The coronavirus pandemic has forced tens of millions of people to stay home due to shelter-in-place orders and even lockdowns. While supplies of food, water, and other essentials have largely continued undisrupted, if one or more of these services were cut off, what would be the best way to prepare for that kind of emergency?
To answer this question, I talk to friend of AoM and survival expert, Creek Stewart. Creek has dedicated his life to mastering all things survival, spending thousands of hours in the field, authoring numerous articles and books, teaching courses to others, and hosting television shows for the Weather Channel like SOS: How to Survive.
If reading this in an email, click the title of the post to listen to the show.
- Is the pandemic bringing preparedness to mind for more people?
- What is “bugging in”? What could cause a bug-in scenario?
- How long should people prepare for being sheltered-in-place?
- The 3 tiers of preparedness
- Which categories of survival should you be thinking most about?
- Storing water for long-term emergencies
- A 3-tiered food preparedness system
- The various lessons Creek has taken from his grandpa
- Why you need to learn how to actually cook your survival food
- First aid in a bug-in scenario
- The importance of simply remaining sane
- How to think about self-defense for bugging-in
- What listeners can do today in light of this pandemic and survival preparedness
Resources/People/Articles Mentioned in Podcast
- Creek’s AoM articles
- How to Bug-In
- How to Make a Bug-Out Bag
- Build a Bug-Out Kindle
- Hydration for the Apocalypse: How to Store Water for Long-Term Emergencies
- 55-gallon drums
- Baking in the Wild
- Surviving a Grid-Down Disaster
- A Complete Guide to Making a DIY First Aid Kit
- ITS Tactical
- How to Use a Tourniquet to Control Major Bleeding
- 2×4 bracket
- The Best Guns for Home Defense
Connect With Creek
Listen to the Podcast! (And don’t forget to leave us a review!)
Listen ad-free on Stitcher Premium; get a free month when you use code “manliness” at checkout.
Read the Transcript
The post Podcast #597: A Survival Expert’s Guide to Bugging-In appeared first on The Art of Manliness.