All of us will take on leadership roles at some point in our lives. What can you do to ensure your team performs at its highest level?
- Why leadership starts with leading yourself
- How do you figure out what your strengths are as a leader?
- The Focus-Feel-Act Formula
- Why Alden almost failed out of BUD/S
- The CARE Loop
- What it looks like for a leader to connect with their followers
- The importance of body language in leadership
- The 5 A’s to achievement
- The value of caring for your followers
- How do you show respect as a leader?
- 3 questions to ask in the midst of a failure
- On empowering people
Resources/People/Articles Mentioned in Podcast
- My first podcast interview with Alden
- Lead Yourself First
- How Leaders Build Great Teams
- How Solitude and Friendship Make You a Better Leader
- How to Improve Your Speaking Voice
- Why and How to Offer More Compliments
- The Importance of Having a Tribe
- How to Give and Take Criticism
Connect With Alden
Listen to the Podcast! (And don’t forget to leave us a review!)
Recorded on ClearCast.io
Listen ad-free on Stitcher Premium; get a free month when you use code “manliness” at checkout.
The Great Courses Plus. Better yourself this year by learning new things. I’m doing that by watching and listening to The Great Courses Plus. Get a free trial by visiting thegreatcoursesplus.com/manliness.
Pod by Eight Sleep. Try the Pod for 100 nights, and if you don’t love it they’ll refund your purchase and arrange a free pickup. For a limited time, get $150 off your purchase when you go to EightSleep.com/manliness.
Read the Transcript